St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church
181 N Main Street
Adams, WI 53910
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
In 1896 exploratory services were held in Mauston. Pastor W. Parisuis of Elroy conducted the services. Pastor Emil Zaremba was assigned from the Seminary to work full time in Mauston. On August 23, 1896 die Evangelische Lutheranische Sanct Paulus Gemeinde was organized. The congregation met in the German Presbyterian Church. In the spring of 1898, the congregation of twelve families decided to construct its own place of worship. After purchasing a site at the corner of Martin and Williams streets, a frame building was constructed and dedicated on June 12, 1898. Our first parsonage stands next to that church and was completed in 1904. Because the congregation grew in number a new church building was needed. The cornerstone of that church building was laid in September and it was dedicated in December of 1938. We called that building home until the summer of 1995. In the summer of 1990, a new parsonage was donated to the congregation. It is located near Hess Memorial Hospital on Division Street. On July 30, 1995, our present church building was dedicated to the Lord's service. It is located on Highway 82 across from the Olson Middle School. Our future is in the Lord's hands.