Buckeye Valley Community Awards 2018
I nominate _________________________________________________________________________
Business (if applicable)
Full address of nominee
(Please Check One of the following)
o Municipal Volunteer of the Year o Municipal Employee of the Year
o Educator of the Year o Education Support Staff of the Year
o Education Volunteer of the Year
o Citizen of the Year o Community Service Award o Buckeye Heroism Award
Chamber Business Awards
o Chairman’s Award o Business of the Year o Volunteer of the Year
Service Organization Award
o Service Organization Member of the Year
(Continue on second sheet if needed)
My name ______________________________________
(Void without above information)
Mail or Fax to
Criteria for the
2018 Buckeye Valley Community Awards
Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce – Fax 623 386-7527
Mail: 508 E. Monroe Avenue – Buckeye, AZ 85326. Deadline for nomination is June 4, 2018
For additional forms call the Buckeye Valley Chamber at 623 386-2727, or make copies of this one.
The Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce, City of Buckeye, Elementary Schools, High Schools and Charter Schools are seeking nominations for the upcoming Buckeye Community Awards. Nomination forms are available at the Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce until the deadline of June 4, 2018.
A printable nomination form is available on the Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce website: www.buckeyevalleychamber.org
(See the Community Awards button, home page.) The awards committee is accepting nominations in 11 award categories (Chairman’s Award is given by the Chairman of the Board of the Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce).
To nominate someone, please complete this nomination form and mail or fax to the Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce. Fax: 623 386-7527. Mail: 508 E. Monroe Avenue, Buckeye, AZ 85326. The deadline for award nominations is June 4, 2018. For additional forms, call the Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce at 623 386-2727, or make your own copie
- Buckeye Heroism Award – An individual, group or organization who, by way of a specific outstanding or heroic act, makes a dramatic difference in the lives of one or more people in the Buckeye Valley.
- Business of the Year Award – Individual/business with staying power, reflecting a substantial history as an established business, growth relative to sales, business expansion, number of employees and impact on the economy and job market of Buckeye. Uniqueness or an innovative product or service offered; response to adversity regarding problems and solutions faced by business, volunteer activities, benefiting business or the community, activity in the Chamber of Commerce and advocacy of business through either speech or written word.
- Citizen of the Year – The primary criteria for selection is outstanding service to the community over a period of years. Current and recent work of several years should be considered making eligible people who are currently giving outstanding service to the Buckeye Community. Volunteer work on projects, and events with the Chamber and work in other clubs and organizations will be evaluated. Nominee must be a member of the Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Community Service Award – Outstanding service to the community over a period of years is to be the primary criteria for selection. However, current and recent work of several years should be considered making eligible people who are currently giving outstanding service to the community. Membership in other organizations and volunteer work on all worthy projects will be considered. The nominee may or may not be a member of the Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Educator of the Year – Instills in students a desire to learn and achieve; understands the individual needs of students, encouraging their talents and fostering their self-esteem; fosters cooperative relationships with their colleagues, the Buckeye Valley community and their students and demonstrates outstanding leadership.
- Education Support Staff of the Year – Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of job duties and responsibilities and how they fit into the overall operation of the district; demonstrates exemplary performance of job duties and responsibilities; fosters cooperative relationships with their colleagues and the Buckeye Valley Community. Demonstrates outstanding leadership and effective and/or innovative at maximizing the resources available to support educators and students.
- Education Volunteer of the Year – Demonstrates outstanding leadership; effective and/or innovative at maximizing the resources available to support educators and students; creates additional resources for students and educators through personal sacrifice of time and effort with no monetary compensation; fosters cooperative relationships with students, educators and the Buckeye Valley community. Individual’s volunteer efforts promote a positive public education environment for the Buckeye Valley community.
- Municipal Volunteer of the Year – An individual who provides outstanding service to the City of Buckeye, serving on a board or commission or providing volunteer service within the municipal government, helping to make Buckeye an excellent community.
- Municipal Employee of the Year – An individual who has been an outstanding employee of the City of Buckeye, helping to make Buckeye an outstanding municipality.
- Service Organization Award – A member of a Buckeye Service Organization who has been extremely dedicated to serving the organization and its purpose. (Rotary, Elks, Lions, Women’s Club, Boy Scouts, Police Explorers, Churches, etc)