First Federal Savings & Loan
800 West Lincoln Avenue
Charleston, IL 61920
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
Providing Dedicated Service to East Central Illinois for Over 100 Years
First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Central Illinois is the result of the merger of First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Shelbyville and Charleston Federal Savings & Loan. Both institutions were originally formed under state charters as cooperative home financing organizations to provide a safe place for their members to invest their savings and borrow funds necessary to purchase or construct homes.
Charleston Federal was originally chartered as the "Charleston Homestead and Loan Association" in 1882, and First Federal of Shelbyville was originally chartered as the "Peoples Mutual Loan Association of Shelbyville" in 1905. Following many years of dedicated service to their communitites, in the midst of the great depression, both institutions received their federal charters as Charleston Federal Savings and Loan Association and First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Shelbyville.
In December of 2008, Charleston Federal merged with and became a part of First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Shelbyville to form First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Central Illinois. In January of 2011, we opened a third branch in Windsor in order to better serve our customers in Coles, Moultrie, and Shelby counties. Today, we contiue our history of offering dedicated service to a now expanded area including all of East Central Illinois.