St. Louis County Library - Meramec Valley
625 New Smizer Mill Road
Fenton, MO 63026
Visit our Website
- Public access internet service
- DVD, Wii Games, X-box games, DCbooks
- Books (electronic , hardback, paperback
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Author visits, programs, book clubs
- Electronic Databases
- Book Discussion Group resources
- Reference Services
- Genealogy Research, Help and Training
- Voter Registration forms
Going Green Commitments
- We recycle office paper, cardboard, toner cartridges, some plastic bottles and aluminum cans. Our sale tables are a great way to “recycle” donated and no longer needed library materials! We hope to provide bins at all locations in the near future for customers to recycle plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
- Energy efficient fluorescent lighting is used in all locations.
- Several older HVAC systems have been replaced with high efficiency models over the past few years, reducing the Library’s energy costs and greenhouse gases.
- Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO) white roofs have been installed at four locations including Headquarters over the past few years. TPO roofs are Energy Star rated and durable. The library expects the TPO white roof to help cut energy costs.
- Most of the cleaning products we use are non toxic and some carry Green Seal certification.
- The recruitment module we recently implemented allows online application for Library positions, eliminating the need for paper applications.
- Our employees also have online access to their earnings statements.
Hours of OperationMonday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We are the Fenton Branch for the St Louis County Library system. We are located in the Fenton Government Complex.
Meramec Valley opened on June 10, 1986 with one full time supervisor, one part time library assistant, and a total collection of 10,000 items. In the past 14 years the Branch has grown to one manager, four library assistants, one clerk shelver, two pages, and a total collection of 30,000 items. By providing friendly, professional service, the Meramec Valley Branch continues to be a vital part of the Fenton community.
Your library card is a passport to more than books. Check out our services and our webpage - you will be surprised at what we offer. Our most popular services are free internet access, wi-fi, DVDs, wii-games and x-box games.
With our reference services, electronic databases and selected internet sites, we save you search time. We have found the most reliable and relevent information for you. So skip google, save your time and use our 24/7 resources.
Our location is small but we are your convenient hometown link to the vast resources of St Louis County Library. We'll help you find what you want and transfer it for you so you can pick it up on your way home or running errands. CHECK US OUT!
We'll Impress YouVision Statement
The St. Louis County Library District Staff, Board and Community envision a future in which:
every person can enjoy an intellectually and culturally rich life
our community celebrates and appreciates its diversity
our staff find value in their contribution to our mission
our facilities will be welcoming and comfortable spaces
Values and Goals
At St. Louis County Library we value:
Intellectual freedom and confidentiality of customers’ use of the library
Well-trained, knowledgeable, courteous and professional staff
Vital, relevant and effective library services
Responsible stewardship of the public funds
Diversity and the different perspectives that strengthen our community and library
Partnerships that contribute to the library goals
New methods of information delivery
Outreach to customers beyond the walls of our physical facilities
Because of these values, we have developed the following goals to guide us through the next five years of service to our community.
Community diversity will be fully integrated into library services and programs in a language and format which meets their diverse needs.
Visit a comfortable place
Library users of all ages will have friendly, inviting, safe facilities which are accessible physically and virtually.
Connect to the online world
Residents of all ages will have reliable, leading edge technology to support the vision of the library, making its resources accessible to the community.
Encourage and support young readers
Children of all ages will have programs and services designed to develop a love of books, reading, writing and learning to ensure school readiness.
Stimulate Imagination/Satisfy Curiosity
Residents of all ages will have materials and programs that excite their imagination, satisfy curiosity and provide pleasurable reading, viewing and listening experiences in pursuit of lifelong learning.
Residents of all ages will have the skills to search for, locate, evaluate, and effectively use information to meet their needs.