- Provide background on current projects
- Promote greater citizen participation
- Improve business friendliness
- Continue regional cooperation
- Keep tight control on expenditures
Fundraisers We Support
- United Way
Hours of OperationPlease call me or request an appointment; I'd love to hear your views. (505)662-5534
Or Contact me via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Fran Berting for County Council
The challenges for the Council currently and for the next few years are irresistible.
I am running for council because I want to provide leadership to:
- Maintain focus on our community vision statement
- Awaken citizen awareness early for input to projects
- Manage budgets and taxes wisely
- Develop available land for economic diversity and increased retail
- Maintain our open spaces and small town atmosphere
- Promote Council and community consensus
- Move forward on major projects
My community Experience:
- Los Alamos County Council 2001-2008 - Chair one year, Vice Chair two years
- Energy Communities Alliance (national) - Treasurer 2004-2008
- Northern New Mexico Citizens Advisory Board - nine years - Vice Chair one year
- Los Alamos/Saraov Sister Cities Initiative - Treasurer 2004 to present
- Kiwais Club of Los Alamos president - this year
- Main Street Futures Committee
- Chamber 0f Commerce member since 2000
- In Washington State, prior to 1995, activities include:Red Cross Board; Orchestra Board; Camerata Musica Board Chair ~6 years (Chamber music concerts);Society of Women Engineers - local chair and other offices;Republican County offices; Republican Women Chair and state committee.
I earned degrees in physics from Oberlin and Smith Colleges, then worked at Bell Laboratories and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. I also attended the Segundo Curso Panamericano de Metalurgia in Buenos Aires before earning my PhD in Materials Science at the University of Virginia. After 19 years at Westinghouse and Battelle Hanford, I retired to settle in Los Alamos, the best place ever!
Together we can make it even better!
We'll Impress YouThe challenges facing the Los Alamos County Council now and for the next few years are irresistible. Hence I am running for election again- to address the challenges for another four years.
The most important of these challenging issues are:
* Finding ways to awaken public interest in the early stages of projects
* Providing citizens with an understanding of the process and funding of Capital Improvement Projects
*Improving two-way communication between citizens and the Council
*Assuring financial responsibility in all County activities
*Promoting public/private partnerships to help provide the quality of life amenities the citizens expect
* Making the Trinity Place a vibrant reality
* Bringing the Municipal Building to life as soon as possible
* Implementing the White Rock Master Plan expeditiously
* Providing sustainable affordable housing
* Continuing regional partnerships for economic development and transportation.
There have been many changes in Los Alamos in the last few years and we are now at the point where moving forward to implement many of the Vision statements is possible. The Vision has been created with a great deal of citizen input, we now have Master Plans for downtown Los Alamos and White Rock, we now have several new pieces of developable land, and for the time being we have money, which, if used wisely, can begin to provide the amenities the citizens have wanted for a long time.
With the experience of my previous two terms on Council, I know the background of many of these projects and am in a position to keep up the momentum and help get them accomplished.
Fran Berting email@example.com www.FranBerting.com