Grad Spree needs your helpIt’s that time of the year again to make plans for the Marion 2017 Friends For Life Graduation Spree, Thursday, May 18, 2017, a drug-free and alcohol-free environment for the graduating seniors.
This year, we have many exciting things planned for our graduates. Brian Madrid, a world class hypnotist, will provide two shows for the seniors. During the show, the volunteers will become the stars of the show with hilarious moments and inspire every person to live life to the fullest. Brian’s past clients include Toyota, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruise Line, Riviera Maya Resorts and Visionary Wealth Advisory. Also, while at the SIU Rec Center, the graduates can participate in: giant board games, such as Jenga, Connect Four and Checkers; swimming; rock climbing; dodge ball tournament; laser tag; professional photo booth; and much more! All of this is provided to each Marion High School graduate free-of-charge.
The cost to provide this event last year was approximately $10,000 with the average cost being about $50 per student. Marion Grad Spree would not be possible without the help of our Chamber and community members. Please consider donating to help cover the cost of the event and door prize items to giveaway to seniors throughout the night. Any item you can donate will help make this a memorable evening for the seniors.
For businesses and individuals, we have the following sponsorship levels available: Silver-$250, Gold-$500, and Platinum-$1000 or more. Of course, any amount is appreciated. We will honor our Gold & Platinum Sponsors by including their name and link to their Web site in Grad Spree promotional materials, on our website, newsletter and email blasts. A donation statement for your taxes is available upon request.
Also, please consider volunteering to chaperone during this year’s Grad Spree. Last year, more than 30 people volunteered to chaperone this annual event. We anticipate needing at least 30 chaperones again this year. Any time you can volunteer will help make this a memorable night for the seniors. Grad Spree will be held from 10 p.m. until 4 a.m. on May 18 at the SIU Rec Center. Chaperons are needed from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Individuals may sign up to supervise the graduates all night (9 p.m. report to Rent One ballpark, 10 p.m. - 4 a.m. at the SIU Rec Center, 4-4:30 a.m. on bus to Rent One ballpark), during signup (9-10:30 p.m. at Rent One ballpark), or at SIU Rec Center only (9 p.m. - 4 a.m). To sign up to volunteer, click here to sign-up online, download and fill out this form, call the Chamber at 997-6311 or e-mail the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All seniors who register by May 1 are guaranteed a Grad Spree t-shirt. The FINAL DEADLINE for seniors to register for Grad Spree is May 16. If a graduate must leave early, a written notice must be turned in to the Marion Chamber of Commerce office prior to May 12 and include the time they will be leaving and the name of the parent or legal guardian who will be picking up the student. We are not responsible if the student signs up and does not attend. For graduating seniors in need of a registration form to attend Grad Spree, click here. Only graduating seniors may attend Grad Spree. Also:
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Grad Spree Committee is proud to offer this event to our graduating seniors. We have kept our seniors safe for more than 30 years.
- Only graduating seniors may attend Grad Spree. No guests.
- All graduates must sign up in advance. The last day to register is May 16 by 2 p.m. at the Marion Chamber.
- ALL information on the registration form must be filled out.
- This is a drug-free and alcohol-free event.
- All cars are to be parked at Rent One Park parking lot.
- All attendees must ride the buses provided to all Grad Spree activities in order to be admitted. NO FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED ON THE BUSES. First bus leaves at 9:30 p.m. and the last bus leaves at 10 p.m.
- All attendees will be given a bag to hold their personal items upon entering the registration area. Attendees will not be allowed to use their own bag. Attendees do not need to bring any money. All activities and food are FREE for the entire night. Graduates are encouraged to bring a swimsuit and towel to swim in the SIU Rec Center pool.
- If for any reason attendees must leave early that night, their parent must personally bring a written note to the Chamber Office no later than 4 p.m. on May 12 and be the person who will pick you up. Only the graduates' parents will be allowed to pick them up.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and continued support,
Matt Carnaghi, Harness Digital Marketing Dalus Ben Avi, Executive Director
Grad Spree Committee Chairman Marion Chamber of Commerce
Please make your check payable to “Marion Chamber of Commerce Foundation” and mail it today to:
Marion Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Graduation Spree
P.O. Box 307
Marion, IL 62959
Noon Rotary Club of Marion
Watermark Auto Group
First Church of God
Peoples National Bank
First Southern Bank
The Insurance House
Zion United Church of Christ
Commercial Janitorial Services