Benevilla provides extensive support services for older adults, adults with disabilities, children, and the families who care for them.
Since 1981, Benevilla has been an evolving nonprofit agency enriching the lives of older adults, adults with disabilities, children and the families who care for them.
Benevilla provides many support services including:
- Five Life Enrichment Day Programs for older adults with Alzheimer’s and dementia, survivors of stroke, Parkinson’s disease and fall related injuries located in Surprise, Sun City and Peoria
- Two Life Enrichment Day Programs for adults with disabilities at our locations in Sun City and Peoria
- A safe, family friendly learning environment at Wirtzie's Preschool and Child Care in Surprise including our unique Intergenerational Program
- Free Home Services for seniors and home-bound adults supported by generous volunteers who run errands, provide grocery shopping, assisted transportation services to medical appointments, basic handyman services, business assistance and friendly visitor and phone check-ins
- Caregiver support through our Benevilla C.A.R.E.S.(Community Assistance, Resources, Education and Support) Information Specialists and free Caregiver Support Groups
- Many free educational workshops and events held throughout the year
- Our Family Resource Center dedicated to helping parents prepare their children (0-5 years) to start school healthy and ready to succeed
- Birt’s Bistro, a social enterprise restaurant on the Benevilla main campus that supports the work that Benevilla does in our community
We welcome our community to explore the many volunteer service opportunities available, not only with older adults but also with supporting caregivers, our child care community services, our intergenerational program and our home services program. Join our volunteer team who are truly “neighbors helping neighbors.”