5830 Coral Ridge Dr
Coral Springs , FL 33076
Phone: (480) 242-4704
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
Fundraisers We Support
- Queen Creek Chamber of Commerce
Hours of OperationMonday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Welcome Wagon was founded in 1928 by an insightful marketing man in Memphis, Tennessee, Thomas Briggs. Mr. Briggs was inspired by stories of early Conestoga “welcome wagons” that would meet and greet westward travelers, providing fresh food and water for the journey. He created Welcome Wagon to embody this same spirit of warm hospitality and welcome. He hired "hostesses", women who were friendly and knowledgeable about their neighborhood, to personally deliver baskets of gifts supplied by local businesses to new homeowners. Over a cup of coffee, hostesses would tell new home buyers about local civic and cultural activities in the community while handing out gifts and coupons from local businesses. This hostess network expanded across the country until, aside from Briggs and just a handful of males, Welcome Wagon became one of the first all-woman companies in the US.
Welcome Wagon's personalized greetings and community information have touched the lives of over 75 million households, including American Presidents such as Kennedy, Nixon and George W. Bush as they moved into the White House. The home visits stopped in 1998 as an increase in two-income families meant fewer people were home to accept visits. Welcome Wagon began greeting new homebuyers through the mail with a gift of an attractive, customized gift book.
An Exciting Present - A Limitless Future
Although the day of door-to-door neighborly visits are a thing of the past, Welcome Wagon is still committed to connecting with new homebuyers through their mailboxes and the internet. Our mode of delivery may be different than before, but our mission is still the same today as in 1928:
Welcome families to their new homes by providing them with the names and numbers of many local businesses and services that we believe will benefit them as they settle into their new homes.
- "This is the best program we do, as we are creating loyal customers that will be ours for years to come!"
- "We have just renewed our partnership with Welcome Wagon for the 7th year and the results have been amazing."
- “We find it to be a valuable tool to reach out to the new families that have recently moved.”
- “I am very pleased to renew with Welcome Wagon for another year. It’s a great value. Client for over 20 years!”
- “Welcome Wagon brings in more than half of Dr. Devine’s new patients each month.”