310 Mill Street Suite C, P.O. Box 353
Occoquan, VA 22125
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Muscle Activation TechniquesTM
- Free Consultation
- Relieve muscular pain and tight muscles
- Restore pain-free movement
- Enhance sport performance
- Prevent and reduce injuries
Hours of OperationMonday - Friday, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
About UsMy name is Maryann Jackson, owner of ReKonnect.
I am a certified Muscle Activation TechniquesTM Specialist and have used MAT to help over 300 clients:
- relieve muscular pain and tight muscles
- restore pain-free movement
- enhance sport performance
- prevent and reduce injuries
Many of my clients come to ReKonnect for Muscle Activation Techniques as a last resort. They tried conventional medicine and alternative therapies - physical therapy, massage therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, exercise, cortisone injections, medication, surgery, etc., but the pain remains.
I believe I can help you.
Please visit my website. You will learn what MAT is (and is not), read about my background, and most importantly, learn about how I've helped people, just like you, have a happier pain-free life.
Please contact me and I'll be happy to talk to you about MAT and what it can do for you!
What is MAT?
Simply stated, MAT activates muscles. It is a drug-free, non-invasive, biomechancially based technique that assesses and corrects muscular imbalances in the human body related to restrictions in motion, joint instability, muscular tightness, compensation patterns and muscle weakness.
Muscle Activation Techniques was developed by Greg Roskopf (MES), and he is the biomechanics consultant for the Denver Broncos and the Utah Jazz.
Am I a candidate for MAT?
You are a candidate for MAT if you can answer YES to any of the following:
- Does it hurt when you move?
- Does it hurt when you don't move?
- Do your muscles hurt during or after exercise and the pain doesn't go away?
- Do you feel pain or muscle tightness during motions such as bending, reaching, lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs?
- Does stretching cause pain?
- Do you feel pain or discomfort while sitting, standing or even at rest lying in bed?
- Have you limited or stopped exercise because it hurts?
- Do you take medications to relieve muscular pain but they don't seem to work?
- After recovering from an injury or surgery, do you still have some limited movement and discomfort?
How does MAT work?
- The MAT range of motion evaluation exam reveals precisely which muscles need to be tested and activated.
- To activate the muscle, carefully designed MAT protocols are used to "jumpstart" the muscles to get them working the way they were intended to work.
- This "reconnection" increases neural input and immediately "activates" the muscles, eliminates the need for compensation by other muscles, minimizes the pain and helps restore normal joint function.
- Specific isometric exercises are then introduced to reinforce the connection and strength of the activated muscle.
Who can benefit from MAT?
MAT has dramatically improved functional capabilities in all age groups. Whether you are physically inactive, an elite athlete or "somewhere in between", MAT can help reduce or eliminate pain, muscle tightness and speed recovery for the following conditions:
Rotator Cuff Injuries
What are some examples of why clients have come to you?
- My shoulder hurts especially at night and I can't find a comfortable position to sleep.
- My back hurts when I lift and carry equipment which is required at my job.
- I had a car accident 10 years ago and what started out with neck pain has turned into back and hip pain.
- I'm a teacher and my shoulder is painful when I need to write on the chalkboard.
- I am a ice hockey goalie and I'm suffering from hip pain every time I drop to my knees.
- My knee hurts walking up and down the stairs.
- I play little league baseball and my shoulder is so painful when I throw the ball.
- I have fibromyalgia and I'm in constant pain.
- My hip hurts when I do yoga.
- My wrist feels weak and the fingers go numb after working on the computer all day.
- I have pain starting from my buttocks all the way down my leg when I'm sitting for long periods of time.
- My shoulder and neck feels so tight and its affecting my golf swing and club speed.
How do I get started?
Contact Maryann to answer your questions and schedule your free consultation.