Mary Alice Shipp Community Development Corp.
P.O. Box 5341
Sylvester, GA 31791
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Tutoring (After School, CRCT)
- Advocacy (Education on Citizen Rights)
- Senior Classes (Cell phones, Computer)
- Disaster Assistance
- Credit and Budgeting Counseling
- Re-entry Resource
- Home Owership Resources
Going Green Commitments
- MAASCDC is working with a flood victim in Worth County whose home had to be torn down because of extensive damage and a Worth county family that experience a devastating fire. These homes are going to be rebuilt with the help of Energy Savers Homes. The homes will be rebuilt at minimal cost to the homeowners. The homes will be constructed using green technology; this will help with lower utility cost and sturdy construction. Long term the Energy Saver Homes Company is hoping that their relationship with Worth County will grow into one that will help many residents interested in building cost efficient homes. They can also help in the area of weatherization of older homes , giving relief ion utility bills. The green technology that is used care laminated building panels manufactured under rigid control testing procedures. The panels consist of an inner and outer skin with a core of super–insulated expandable polystyrene (EPS) glued together with a special high strength glue dried under extreme pressure resulting in stress-skin panels with extraordinary capabilities. The panels are of lightweight , yet can withstand high wind loads. The panels also hold up to the twisting and flexing the deteriorates conventional buildings. The green panels can be used in every aspect of construction, form the basement to the roof. Any exterior material can be used from siding to brick. Buildings or homes constructed from the panels are low maintenance and long lasting. Energy Saver Homes use the green panels and hire local construction workers producing well needed jobs in our community. The soon to be home owners in Worth County are on “pins and needles” as the wait for their necessary funding to come through to finance their new construction. The first home erected by Energy Saver Homes promises to have all the amenities a buyer can ask for. The MASCDC is very excited that Worth County is in line to receive the green technology.
The Mary Alice Shipp Community Development Corporation (MASCDC) is a nonprofit organization which was eponymously started by Mary Alice Shipp in 2009. The Mary Alice Shipp CDC is primarily a rural South Georgia organization. MASCDC general areas of development includes: (1) volunteering and collaborating with agencies and organizations (2) responding to community needs and goals (3) increasing citizen participation (4) addressing issues of economic proportion affecting the community (5) providing assistance to citizens affected by disasters or housing emergencies and (6) assisting re-entry organizations (7) providing computer training and classes