Westside Domestic Violence Shelter
PO Box 642
Orland, CA 95963
- Crisis Intervention
- Provide Shelter
- Peer Support
- Support & Referrals
- Court Accompaniment
- Safety Planning
- Community Outreach
Fundraisers We Support
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 1800-787-3224 TTY for DEAF
Hours of Operation24/7 days a week
About UsWestside Domestic Violence Shelter
"Breaking the Cycle of Domestic Violence"
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of Westside Domestic Shelter is to break the cycle of violence through services, education and advocacy.
Many people think that the victim could leave if they really wanted to and don't step in to help. Most victims do try to leave, on the average of 6 to 7 times before their final departure.
Does the person you love....
- Accuse you of infidelity/seem jealous?
- Controls all finances/forces you to account in detail what you spend?
- Angers easily, especially when drinking or using drugs?
- Humiliates you in front of others?
- Uses, and or threatens to use, a weapon against you?
- Forces you to have sex against your will?
- Blames others for his /her problems?
- Expects you to be perfect,have all household chores and dinner ready, or else?
- Calls to check on you?
- Discourages relationships with family/friends?
- Destroys personal property/sentimental items?
- Keeps tracks of your time?
- Abuse pets?
- Gets physically rough with you such as push, yank, slap, hit,etc?
- Keeps you from receiving medical care?
Take Time to Think
1. Think about your own happiness/safety.
2. Call someone for support, a friend, family member, Church member,
crisis hotline or counselor.
3. Notify law enforcement.
4. Leave or have someone stay with you, especially if you have children.
5. Seek medical attention. Keep records and photos of injuries for further
6. Get a civil protection order.
7. Seek therapy for both the abuser, the victim and all children.
Contact Us Today......We Can Help!