Wings of Eagles
PO Box 4031
Chico, CA 95927
Visit our Website
- Financial Assistance
- Emotional Assistance
- Resource Guide for the Families
- Annual Fundraising Events
Fundraisers We Support
- "Wings" Annual Bowl-A-Thon
- Chico HOG Annual Poker Run
- Two by Two Ranch & Petting Zoo
- Annual Family Day
"Wings of Eagles"The Joseph Alvarez Organization for Seriously Ill Children
Who We Are...
"Wings of Eagles" is the Joseph Alvarez organization for seriously ill children. We are a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization dedicated to helping families with seriously ill children with life-threatening diseases, focusing on children with cancer.
"Wings of Eagles" serves families with seriously ill children in Butte, Glenn, Sutter, and Tehama counties. We currently are helping 20-30 families each month with their financial and emotional needs.
"Wings of Eagles" The Joseph Alvarez Organization for Seriously Ill Children was established in 1993 in memory of Joseph Alvarez.
Joseph is the firstborn son of Alberto and Georgia Alvarez, and diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia on August 11, 1989 at the tender age of 8 years old.
A month after Joseph's diagnosis, the Alvarez's were told that Joseph had no chance of survival without a bone marrow transplant. Joseph's marrow donor was his 6 year old sister, Mary. The transplant was a success, but unfortunately Joseph relapsed with leukemia on September 16, 1990. Joseph died on January 28, 1991 at home with his family by his side.
While Joseph was ill and undergoing treatment for cancer, he and his family received an overwhelming amount of financial and emotional support from friends, family, and the community in which they lived. Unfortunately, that is not the case for most families in their situation.
After Joseph died and when the Alvarez family regained their strength, they were called to start a non-profit organization to help families that were in similar situations as they had been in. That is when "Wings of Eagles"-the Joseph Alvarez Organization foe Seriously Ill Children was birthed.
Since "Wings of Eagles" was founded in June of 1993, "Wings" has helped families of children with life threatening illnesses. "Wings" has raised thousands of dollars with the generous help and support if the community through fundraisers, small grants, and donations.
How "Wings of Eagles" helps families
- Monthly Funding Assistance Program
- Hospital Care Kits
- Thanksgiving Dinner Gift Card Program
- Christmas Party & Gift Giving Program
- Brad Jasper Easter Basket Program
- Emergency Assistance Program
- Burial Funding Assistance Program
How You Can Help
- Volunteer at fundraisers
- Plan an event-fundraisers are important part of "Wings" financial ability to service our families in need
- Become a financial donor-"wings" could not succeed without the generosity of our donors.
- Sponsor a "Wings" program or event. Sponsors Needed!
- Visit the "Wings" website for all current and upcoming events!
We also accept donations online through our secured PayPal account at link above.
If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or referrals for "Wings of Eagles" please contact our Director, Terri Thunborg at
(530) 893-9231 or (530) 570-5985
Like us on Facebook