Virginia Employment Commission
David DeBose, Jr
600 Butler Farm Rd, Suite B
Hampton, VA 23666
Phone: 757 865-5811
- Recruiting solutions
Hours of OperationWe are open for business Monday - Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm, except Wednesdays (open at 9:30am).
The Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) - Virginia's First Choice for Workforce Services
Employer Services (ES)
- The Virginia Employment Commission (VEC), a partner in the Virginia Workforce Network, is the public employment service established to assist employers in finding qualified workers and to assist workers in finding suitable jobs. There are no fees charged to the employer or applicant for our services. VEC staff will assist employers by screening and referring applicants to job openings, providing critical labor market information for business and economic planning, and coordinating statewide Employer Advisory Committee activities.
- The VEC is the largest single source of job candidates in Virginia. We may have just the worker you are seeking, prepared to step into your job opening today.
- Employers placed over 148,128 job openings, and the VEC made 245,453 referrals during the program year ending June 30, 2008.
The VEC has:
- Nearly half-a-million job seekers registering with us annually
- Computerized, skills-based matching to identify potential candidates - saves employer staff time and money
- Maximum exposure - 40 offices statewide and 24 hours a day on the Internet.
To promote economic growth and stability by delivering and coordinating workforce services to include:
- Policy development
- Job Placement
- Temporary income support
- Workforce information
Transition and training services