About Baker County Health Department
Dr. J. Frank Curtis was appointed the first Sanitrary Agent in 1902. In 1913, the State was divided into seven districts. Dr. Clarence H. Hobbs was in charge of the Central District, comprising of Hamilton, Suwanee, Columbia, Baker, Bradford, Alachua, and Levy counties. The Headquartes for the district was inGainesville, FL. In 1916, the State was divided into eight districts. The Enabling Act, passed by the State Legislature in 1931, gave authority for the State Board of Health and Counties to establish local health committee.
Working Towards Wellness in Baker County
Health Needs Assessment Summary: Health Planning Council of Northeast Florida and the Baker County Health Department