Boulder City Review
508 Nevada Way
Boulder City , NV 89005
Text the word: LVRJOURNAL To: 72727
Visit our Website
This will show up if the script is missing or flash isn't installed
- Arts & Entertainment Section
- Auto Guide
- Books Section
- Casino & Hotels
- Real Estate Section
- Yellow Pages
Hours of Operation24 hrs
Las Vegas, Nev., is home to the Stephens Media Group's largest newspaper, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, which has a daily circulation of more than 160,000 and a Sunday circulation of more than 224,000.
Las Vegas' first successful newspaper, the Las Vegas Age, was established in 1905. It was this publication and a combination of later competitors that became the Las Vegas Review-Journal. In 1949, Donald W. Reynolds acquired a majority interest in the Review-Journal from Sherwin ("Scoop") Garside.
When Reynolds bought out Garside in 1949, he began printing a morning Trailblazer edition. He also built a new office at 737 N. Main St., introduced teletype and installed state-of-the-art presses to respond to the now-growing community.
In 1961 Reynolds assumed full ownership in the Review-Journal, and continued to modernize its equipment and facilities.
In 1971 the newspaper moved to its present location at 1111 W. Bonanza. New offset presses were installed, typesetting techniques were modernized and laser photography began being used in preparing plates to be placed on the presses. Newspaper production people from around the world came to Las Vegas to tour the Review-Journal's modern plant, while the first edition of the Review-Journal produced with this new technology reserved itself a place in the Guggenheim Museum of Printing in Germany.
Also in 1993 the Review-Journal became one of the first newspapers in the country to use a computer to design and lay out a newspaper page when it installed a computer-pagination system. Stories, photos and ads are now all printed from a computer screen directly to film for the plate-making process.