Coles County Council on Aging
11021 E. County Rd. 800 N.
Charleston, IL 61920
- Family Caregiver Resource Center
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
- Coles County Telecare
- LifeSpan Center.
The mission of the Coles County Council on Aging is to enhance quality of life by promoting independence, dignity, self-fulfillment, and health for older adults in Coles County through advocacy, education, and provision of appropriate community-based services.
The CCCoA achieves our mission by:
- · Serving as a sponsor of programs and services to benefit senior citizens in Coles County.
- · Advising, coordinating, and advocating on behalf of the Coles County senior population.
-· Assisting in determination of the needs of senior citizens in the county.
- · Encouraging the establishment of action programs and serving as the clearinghouse and coordinating body to provide efficiency in serving the senior citizens of Coles County and avoiding duplication of services.
- · Assembling and disseminating information about senior citizens in the county and the services available to them to encourage the use of such services.
- · Informing the general public and governing bodies of the county and state about the needs of Coles County senior citizens.
The Coles County Council on Aging (CCCoA) was established in 1973 and incorporated in 1974 as a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3). The CCCoA initially sponsored the Telecare Program and researched the needs of Coles County’s older adults. Today, our services have grown to include the LifeSpan Center, Dial-A-Ride, RSVP, Telecare, and the Family Caregiver Resource Center.