Classified Ad Title:
SECURITY FULL -TIME
We are seeking a Full time Security at The DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque. Our 295 room, full-service, property is staffed with engaged associates, seeks a part time Security who wants to work with a group of extraordinary associates. The essential functions of this position include the following duties:
* Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two-way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR.
* Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, e.g. assisting with door lock problems; coordinate, expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
* Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
* Observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
* Use a clear, concise speaking voice, listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate incident information.
* Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
*Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
*Drive shuttle van to transport guests to and from the airport.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
* Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
* Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
* Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write clearly to ascertain and document important information.
* Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
* Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
* Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
* Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
* Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of multiple medical insurance plans (PPO), dental plans, vision plan, flexible spending accounts, matched 401k plan, life insurance, critical accident or illness, short term disability, paid time off, complimentary meals, hotel discounts, wellness programs.
Spire Hospitality is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster (https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm) and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\_formattedESQA508c.pdf)