Cresco Fine Arts Council
101 2nd Ave SW
Cresco, IA 52136
- Non-Profit Group
- Support local and regional artists
- Support other local organizations
- Scholarship for HS senior
- Mentoring Youth
- Longest running outdoor Art Show
- Juried Art Show
- Over $1,600 in prize money
- Creative Cash
- Local food available throughout the day
Fundraisers We Support
- We raise funds for scholarships for budding young artists
Going Green Commitments
- The Council recognizes artists who upcycle, recycle and use sustainable materials in their art. The Council encourages artists to use non-polluting procedures and are thoughtful of their ecological content and consequences.
Hours of OperationWe are a non-profit group with volunteer hours as needed.
You are invited to join us as we meet the third Monday of the month at 5:15pm in the Boardroom of the Cresco Welcome Center.
The Cresco Fine Arts Council has been promoting the arts in Northeast Iowa since its inception in 1961.
The highlight of our year is the annual Fine Arts Show in Beadle Park held the first Sunday in August, featuring artists from around the Midwest showcasing and selling their artwork.
Music and activities delight young and old with guest musicians performing throughout the day.
Children's activities, artist demonstrations, wine tasting, local high school artists will be displaying their work.
Local foods available; hamburgers, brats, chips, coffee, pop, and water will be at the Show. Yum!
Sign up for 'Creative Cash' drawings and use the money towards an art purchase of your choice. Must be present to win.
Make the first Sunday in August a full day of fun by stopping out at the Ellen Church Airport for the Cresco Chamber Flight Breakfast where they are serving pancakes and omelets from 7:30am - 12:00 Noon and get up close and personal with more than 40 airplanes on display. They are even giving airplane rides! Then make the Art Show your next stop as we celebrate artists from 9:30am - 3:30pm.
Top photo: Darla Ellickson, Decorah, Iowa..
2nd photo: Trolls! Trolls! Trolls!.
3rd photo: Future artists in the making!
Bottom photo: Local musicians performing on historic Train flatbed.
Our Social Networks/Blogs