104 East Water Street, Suite 1
Decorah, IA 52101
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Hand crafted Jewelry
- StoryPeople Prints, Books and Sculptures
- Sticks furniture
- Local Art
- Great Gifts
Fundraisers We Support
- American Craft Council
- American Style
- PAW Fairy Chair-ity
- Decorah Regional Arts Council
- Winneshiek County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Decorah Area Chamber of Commerce
Going Green Commitments
- By supporting local artists, we keep resources close to our community. We use recycled and/or recyclable boxes, bags and packing materials for purchases. We also recycle within Agora Arts and encourage our patrons to bring their own bags for transporting their purchases.
Hours of OperationMonday- Friday 10-6
Thursday til 8
Agora Arts features contemporary art and fine craft by over 250 American and Canadian artists. We offer the highest quality collection of hand crafted work the upper midwest, including gorgeous jewelry by over 50 different artists such as Holly Yashi, Saundra Messinger and Alexis Bittar. Pottery, sculpture, wood items, glass, metalwork and prints fill the gallery. We carry many books by local authors including Bob Wolf, David Faldet and Bob Hunt.
Started in 1992 by Decorah native and Luther grad Gail Bolson-Magnuson, Agora has a reputation for consistently introducing new and exciting hand crafted work to the gallery. Many of the most recognized artists in the industry trust Agora Arts to promote and sell their work.
Other featured artists include furniture by Sticks, Form & Reform and Dust; pottery by Joe Christensen, Nate & Hallie Evans and Natural Elements; and jewelry by Watchcraft, Adajio, Sergio Lub, Liza Schtromberg and Mashka.
Agora Arts is the hometown gallery of StoryPeople by Brian Andreas and carries the largest collection of StoryPeople prints, sculptures and books in the country. Agora Arts is located in beautiful downtown Decorah within the historic Hotel Winneshiek and is open 7 days a week.