Winneshiek Wildberry Winery LLC
1966 337th Street
Decorah, IA 52101
Fundraisers We Support
- Red Cross
Hours of OperationHours: Wednesday through Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
Sunday 12:30-5:00 pm
Closed Monday and Tuesday
Whole sale accounts may contact the winery at any time.
Winneshiek Wildberry Winery is located on a 140 year old family farm. The winery is owned and operated by Ken and Yvonne Barnes, and their two daughters Darla Jones, and Beth Guzman, all of Decorah.
The farm has been in Yvonne's family for 140 years tracing back to her great-grandmother. Ken and Yvonne have lived on the farm for 37 of these years. During this time they have raised dairy cows, beef cows, and farrowed pigs. With the decline of farming visible all around them as well as their own firsthand experience, they decided to make a dream come true and keep the farm viable and able to produce a crop.
Ken started planting several grape varieties in 2001. Darla, our wine maker, finished a series of classes she had undertaken to improve her craft and increase her knowledge about winemaking. During this time Ken began drawing up plans for rebuilding the barn into a winery. The winery was built on the original foundation of the dairy barn. It was built by the Amish, Henry Miller a.k.a. "Barefoot Henry" and his crew in 2004-2005. It all came together in the fall of 2005 with the opening of the winery's doors in October.
There are now 4 beautiful acres of vineyard for guests to tour as well as a patio for enjoying the scenery and sipping wine. Inside the winery is a beautiful wood furnished tasting room, complete with a majestic oak bar. The gift shop is the perfect place to pick up a unique hand crafted gift for yourself or someone you know. Many of the pieces are handmade by local crafters within the tri-state area. After you spend time in the gift shop follow us downstairs to see where Darla makes the wine and learn a little about wine making! Winneshiek Wildberry Winery truly is the perfect place to spend a day in the country!
We'll Impress YouWinneshiek Wildberry Winery is a family owned and operated winery specializing in fruit and table wines. Enjoy a fun, friendly wine experience amidst the beautiful, rolling hills of Northeast Iowa. The majority of the grapes and fruit used are locally grown or grown on site with a few exceptions such as our peach wine. Come spend a day in the country sipping wine while enjoying the seasonal view from our veranda!
Offering over 20 varieties of Locally Made Wines
For your pleasure . . .
* Honeysuckle Chardonelle- bottle. - Dry white table wine. Enjoy the honeysuckle flavor of this Midwestern treasure.
* Evening Star Edelweiss - bottle. Semi-sweet white table wine. Fruity, unique, and locally grown.
* Limestone Bluff LaCrosse - $11 bottle. Semi-sweet, white table wine. A light bodied wine with hints of grapefruit. This is one of our best sellers!
* Horny Heifer - bottle. The neighbor's heifer got out again! This time on her way to find her favorite bull she ran through the vineyard and crushed two varieties of grapes together making this fun and flirty wine!
* Sunrise Seyval Blanc - bottle. Enjoy this light and citrusy wine with fruit and cheese.
* Sunset Vidal - bottle - A sweet, white table wine. Vidal Blanc is a French-American hybrid grape that is known for its cold-hardiness. Vidal is an aromatic, sweet wine with a lively taste.
* Rowdy Rooster - bottle - A dry, white wine. This is a unique, white grape developed by Elmer Swensen but never named. It caught the eye of our owner, Ken Barnes, because of its robust taste and hardiness. Hopefully it will have you strutting your stuff as well.
* Ole Made Lena Blush - bottle. Semi-sweet, blush table wine. This wine will have you pondering, How was it that Ole made Lena blush?
* Farmer's Daughters - bottle. A semi-sweet, blush table wine Frontenac Gris is a cold hardy grape developed at the University of Minnesota. This wine has a slight pink color and a light, sweet, fruity finish.
* Red Fox Foch - bottle. Dry, red table wine. This is a full bodied red with hints of licorice. Pair this hearty wine with sirloin steak.
* Canoe Creek Chambourcin - bottle. An off dry red with a very bold berry flavor. This wine has won two major awards.
* Kenyon Ridge Frontenac bottle. Semi-sweet, red table wine. A very pleasant red straight from the Midwest. Medium bodied with hints of black currant.
* Red Head Red - bottle. A dry, red table wine. This is our red haired winemakerís blend of Marechal Foch and Frontenec Grapes. It is perfect with pasta, a treat with red meat or a glass of fun when the day is done.
* Lazy Daize Concord - bottle. A semi-sweet, red table wine. This wine is a semi-sweet table wine made with concord grapes. The wine has a fruity bouquet that has a wonderful grape aroma and flavor. It pairs nice with fried chicken and potato salad.
* A Currant Event - bottle. Semi-sweet. The deep color and full bodied flavor of this wine is certain to add some magic to your dinner!
* Plum Wild - bottle. Semi-sweet. This tangy plum wine is a fun and fruity surprise!
* Cranberry Crush -bottle. Sweet. This wine is the perfect accompaniment for Thanksgiving dinner or any time you are serving poultry.
* Red Raspberry Rhapsody - bottle. Sweet. This gold medal winner pairs wonderfully with cheesecake and chocolate.
* Blackberry Blossom -bottle. Sweet. A delightfully fruity dessert wine sure to please!
* Cherry Lane -bottle. Sweet. Door County, Wisconsin cherries make up this sweet wine.
* Honey Bee Apple - bottle. Sweet. Honey from local bees sweetens this country apple wine! A truly local product.
* Rhubarb Crisp - bottle. Sweet. A unique blend of rhubarb grown here at the winery and Niagara grape.
* Picket Fence Peach - $12 bottle. Sweet. This wine is as smooth and sweet as nectar!
* Blueberry Thrill - bottle. A sweet wine. These blueberries are from Highland Valley Farm owned by a Luther College graduate now residing in Northern Minnesota. This wine has a light red color and pairs well with desserts and cheeses. For a special treat try with applesauce glazed pork chops!
* Berrypatch Hoedown - bottle. We use three flavors to make this super fruity wine. This wine brings rhubarb, strawberry and red raspberry from the country garden. Enjoy this sweet wine with your favorite fruit dessert.