507 W. Water Street
Decorah, IA 52101
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Community Festival
- Family Fun
- Live Music
- Sporting Events
- Scandinavian Heritage
Fundraisers We Support
- Area Non-Profits utilize Nordic Fest as a significant fundraiser for their own organizations. All food booths are affiliated with a local non-profit supporting their efforts and the area.
Going Green Commitments
- Programs Printed on Recycled Paper
- Recycle Stations placed throughout entire Festival area to encourage recycling
- Bulk purchase program for green products
- Education program for food vendors
Hours of OperationThe last full weekend in July.
Opening Ceremonies begins at 6:45 on Thursday evening and finishes with a fantastic fireworks display Saturday night.
Nordic Fest is an annual event celebrating the Scandinavian heritage of the area. The downtown district comes alive with activities for the entire family over three days during the last full weekend in July.
Now in its 46th year, Nordic Fest offers activities, food and entertainment for the entire family. From Opening ceremonies on Thursday evening to the Grand Parade, Rock Throw and Lutefisk Eating Contest, the weekend is filled with something for everyone.