Graeagle Fire Protection District

TO THE BEST OF OUR RECOLLECTION

Graeagle Fire Department was first organized in or around 1919 it was company owned and operated by Graeagle Lunder Company and responsible for fire protection at the box factory and company owned buildings.

Betw...

Learn More View Our Digital Displays

About Graeagle Fire Protection District


About Us About Us
About Us About Us

TO THE BEST OF OUR RECOLLECTION

Graeagle Fire Department was first organized in or around 1919 it was company owned and operated by Graeagle Lunder Company and responsible for fire protection at the box factory and company owned buildings.

Between 1945-1959 Chief ''Alf'' McClaskey and Chief BG Vernazzi served the Department.

In 1958 the holdings of the Graeagle Lumber Company were purchased by the West family. During this time dedicated firefighters continued to operate the Fire Department including Harver West, Bob Thompson, Dick Laird, BG Vernazzi, and Willie Burns.

The Graeagle Fire Protection District was formed February 6, 1967. Nine firemen were on the roster at that time.

Chief Grorge Foshee, Chief Clint Tripp, Chief Dan West, Chief Steve McNamara along with the current Chief Ed Ward have courageously led our vaolunteer firefighters wo where we are today!

The Lost Sierra Chamber of Commerce
A PROUD MEMBER OF

The Lost Sierra Chamber of Commerce

Scan to access our Mobile App or Click to Save to QR