Edwardsville Community Foundation
P.O. Box 102
Edwardsville, IL 62025
The Greater Edwardsville Area Community Foundation, established in 1997, is a charitable trust that receives, manages, and distributes tax-deductible charitable contributions for the benefit of the greater Edwardsville area communities and its residents.
The Foundation is dedicated to the enhancement and betterment of health and human services, education and scholarships, community projects, the arts, parks, conservation and the environment.
The Greater Edwardsville Area Community Foundation is dedicated to the enhancement and betterment of the quality of life in the communities of Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, Hamel, Moro, Dorsey, Worden and the surrounding areas.
During 2010, The GEACF distributed more than $896,313 in awards, grants and scholarships from the General Fund to benefit local charitable organizations and deserving students. In addition, The GEACF has 38 separate funds with a value of assets at $1,771,545.
Since its inception in 1997, The GEACF has distributed more than $5.4 million to charitable causes.
It is the mission of The Greater Edwardsville Area Community Foundation to enhance the quality of life in the Greater Edwardsville area by:
• Leading the development of collaboration and understanding among all members of the community.
• Ascertaining community needs and opportunities.
• Providing a flexible permanent vehicle for donors with diverse interests.
• Protecting the community’s endowment through prudent investment and effective stewardship.
• Expanding the community’s endowment through appropriate solicitations.
• Acting as an informed grant maker.