NAMI Southwestern Illinois
2100 Madison Avenue
Granite City, IL 62040
NAMI Southwestern Illinois is dedicated to providing support, education and advocacy for persons with mental illnesses, their families and others whose lives are affected by these diseases. We accomplish our mission through:
- Education and support programs for persons with mental illnesses and their families.
- Empowering people who have mental illnesses to address concerns related to their illnesses.
- Providing a voice for people affected by mental illnesses by advocating for them with public and private policy makers for better legislation and more effective treatment options.
- Collaborating with other local, state and national mental health organizations along with those that treat co-occurring disorders.
- Promote the understanding and acceptance of mental illness as a biologically-based brain disorder within our community