The Sky Factory
David A. Navarrete
801 North 18th Street
PO Box 1177
Fairfield, IA 52556
- Virtual skylights for enclosed interiors
- Virtual windows for confined interiors
- Digital Cinema Virtual Skylights SkyV
- Digital Cinema Virtual Window eScape
- Digital Cinema Virtual Aquarium eSea
- Revelation SkyCeilings for interiors
- Personal Revelation for patient rooms
- Simulated windows for office spaces
- Increase productivity with biophilia
- Designer of healing views to nature
Going Green Commitments
- The Sky Factory is committed to the use of renewable energy.
- In June 2012, we unveiled a 3,500 sq. ft. photovoltaic panel array, generating 54 kilowatts. At the time, it was the largest private installation in the state of Iowa.
- The Sky Factory is committed to recycle both source and waste materials.
- Through the Sustainable Research Institute, we provide educational programs in the areas of sustainable agriculture, social ecology, environmental design, and renewable energy, including apprenticeships and applied research in our organic greenhouse.
Hours of OperationMonday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 5 PM
Sky Factory, a global fine arts and digital technology company, creates biophilic illusions of nature™, including the award-winning Luminous SkyCeilings™, and Luminous Virtual Windows™, as well as the more advanced digital cinema displays, eSea™, SkyV™, and eScape™.
These sophisticated nature image display systems trigger a genuine ‘relaxation response’ for mind and body – promoting psycho-physiological restoration, wellbeing, and inner calm. A unique fusion of art and technology, these virtual skylights and windows dramatically enhance the sense of space and a connection to nature in enclosed spaces. Sky Factory biophilic illusions of nature™ are installed in healthcare, corporate, commercial, and institutional environments worldwide.
Research over the last several decades indicates that realistic simulations of views to nature such as biophilic illusions of nature™ support healing, reduce the use of pain medication, and enhance the patient experience. fMRI research at Texas Tech University found that Sky Factory’s sky-image compositions triggered unique neural activations in the cerebellum, a part of our brain involved in spatial perception.
Sky Factory’s virtual skylights deepen biophilic engagement. Sky Factory’s growing success over a decade is the result of exceptional quality and dedication – to enliven our inherent, genetic-based connection to nature by bringing realistic illusions of nature, indoors.