About Harold G. Butzer, Inc
In 1926 Guido Butzer became a self-employed residential plumber in Jefferson City Missouri, the state Capital. Guido was the last of seven sons of a German immigrant farmer and barrel maker. Guido briefly worked for his brother in the plumbing repair business before starting his own residential plumbing business.
In 1949 Guido sold his business to his son, Harold G. Butzer and in 1960 the business became known as Harold G. Butzer, Inc and moved from West Main Street to the new location located at 730 Wicker Lane.
A transition in ownership occurred in 2006 and shortly thereafter four long-time employees became sole owners of Harold G. Butzer Inc.
Today the company continues to prosper and flourish. In addition to our facilities located at Wicker Lane in Jefferson City, the Company now has service centers in Hannibal Missouri and Springfield Missouri. The business provides services to the commercial, industrial and residential market which includes plumbing, pipe-fitting, sheet metal fabrication, heating, air conditioning, and energy-saving control solutions.
From the beginning in 1926 as a humble one-man plumbing business, Butzer now employs more than 150 workers in the piping, plumbing, and sheet metal trades.
The integrity of our people, from our start in 1926 to the present, has led to a very impressive record of pride and success in customer satisfaction.