Hornady Transportation, LLC
1736 HWY 21 Bypass
Monroeville, AL 36460
Text the word: HORNADYTRANSPORTATION To: 72727
G.E. Hornady started trucking in 1925. He was the father of B.C. Hornady. The Alabama Public Service Commission, as a result of the Motor Carrier Act of 1939, issued him certificate number 647. This very limited certificate allowed transportation of household goods, building materials, auto parts, and livestock within a 115-mile radius and some instances only a 15-mile radius in Alabama. During this time, Monroe County, Alabama was mainly a farming community producing cotton and livestock.
After the death of G.E. Hornady in 1950, his three Hornady sons, G.A. Hornady, Cecil M. Hornady, and B.C. Hornady, continued to operate the family business. The Alabama Public Service Commission issued the brothers a certificate and the family business became known as Hornady Brothers. The Hornady Brothers were granted their own LTL authority and built a terminal on Hornady Drive in Monroeville, AL. In 1977, B.C. Hornady purchased the interest of Cecil Hornady and became the sole owner and President of Hornady Truck Line, Inc. At that time, the company fleet consisted of 30 tractors.