About River City Christian Church
River City Christian is a group of people who believe in Jesus and who try to follow the teachings of the Bible. While we strive to be relevant to our culture, our message does not change Jesus is the hope of the world!
The purpose of River City Christian is to be a Mission Station: to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with every person everywhere and to grow and equip believers into fully devoted followers of Christ.
River City Christian is a faith community committed to the core values that are consistently emphasized in the Bible:
- WORSHIP: Showing love and devotion to the God of the Universe and to His Son Jesus Christ
- DISCIPLESHIP: Submitting more and more of our daily lives to the teachings of Jesus
- FELLOWSHIP: Growing in commitment and love with other believers
- EVANGELISM: Sharing the Good News of Jesus with others who have not yet believed
- SERVICE: Using our gifts, resources and time in the name of Jesus to benefit others
This church is an organization and fellowship of Christians who confess personal faith in Jesus Christ. We believe in the Holy Scriptures, the Old and New Testaments, as the inspired Word of God and the perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct. We rely upon the work of the Holy Spirit as revealed in Scripture. This church believes that baptism and communion are opportunities for obedience to the teaching of Jesus Christ. We also believe in the imminent return of Jesus Christ.
At River City Christian we often talk about having unity in the essentials and freedom in the non-essentials. We believe that the essentials are the belief that salvation is found in Jesus Christ and Him alone, and that the Bible is our authority. Beliefs beyond those two points are considered non-essentials. While we may hold specificc theological positions on a variety of issues, we believe that the only things that are truly necessary for our unity are faith in Jesus as the Savior of the world and in the Bible as the Word of God.