Rockaway Lions Club
PO Box 611
Rockaway Beach, OR 97136
- Support Rockaway Lions Bingo!
- Eyes ands Ear
- 3,987 children eyeglasses by 394 clubs;
- 1,198 white canes presented to blind
- $16,697.27 expended to schools children;
- 475,318 free meals furnished unemployed
- 12,617 Christmas baskets by 87 clubs
- 79,843 donated welfare/civic/org.
- Club Newsletter
Fundraisers We Support
- SERVING OUR COMMUNITY:
- Provide vision exams, eyeglasses hearing exams and hearing aids for those in need
- Member Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation, Lions Leo Youth Clubs, Lions Vision Gift (Eye Bank), Lions Mobile Screening Unit
- Camp Taloali (for the deaf), Oral Hull Foundation (for the blind), Gales Creek Diabetes Camp
- Flags for first Graders, Support the local Food Bank Lions BINGO and Holiday Gift Baskets
- Seaview Lake
- The Fabulous PURPLE WEINEE WAGON
Going Green Commitments
- Rockaway Lions Club has been recyling eye glasses for many years now.
- Rockaway Lions Bingo uses only reyclyed tickets and cards.
- We have been recyling for far longer than it has been fashionable.
- We are recycling tabs from cans and giving to the Ronald McDonald house who turn in for money.
Hours of OperationJoin us at our open bi-weekly meetings
11:30 am at the Lions Club 286 Anchor Street/503-355-2199
1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month!
Rockaway Lions Club
Volunteers that make a difference
An Expand Your Horizens Club
Rockaway Lions are a group of service-minded men and women who are interested in doing volunteer work to improve our communitie. We are young people, families and Baby Boomers alike. To become a Lion is to become an active volunteer, a member of a respected international organization, a leader in your community and a friend to people in need. Learn more about what we do.
There are many reasons to become a member. As a Lion, you'll-
- Learn to be a leader – and lead a respected organization
- Network w/business people in your community, around the world
- Energize your life and have fun
- You'll grow personally and professionally.
- And you'll know that what you do is worthwhile and appreciated.
- Help your community and gain valuable skills
- make impact on people's lives-locally and internationally
Benefits of Lions Membership
- The satisfaction of helping others who are less fortunate.
- Fellowship shared with other members
- Sharing with raising of funds through activities with others
- Meet new friends who share common goals
- Opportunities to share in the growth and development of your community
- Development of leadership skills
Join an International Network
of Volunteers and Friends
Right now, Lions are performing volunteer work to improvecommunities around the world. We're meeting to plan a local project. We're sponsoring international exchanges for young people. We're bringing clean drinking water to a remote village. We're building. We're sharing. We're repairing. And we're having fun.
We have community clubs that meet in person. Cyber clubs that meet online. And special interest clubs that can be based on your profession, a hobby or anything you care about. Each club matches the needs of its members to help them support their community right now.
Please Join Us! We are happy to bring you an application, just call 503-355-2199
President~ Jerry Stanfill 503-667-3956
Secretary- Marilou Bowman 503-355-2977
Treasure-John Luce 503-355-8610 or Sueluce@yahoo.com
1st Vice President~ Gloria Tarnasky
Past President~ George Belnap
Tail Twister ~ David Farr 503-355-3010 or email@example.com
Lion Tamer ~ Ray Herrington 503-355-8115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Year Directors Jan Markle 503-368-6166 ; Cliff Gunderman 503-368-6321
2 Year Directors : Robin Herrinton 503-355-8115; Cecile Doyle 1-503-357-2605
Lions Code of Ethics
- TO SHOW my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- TO SEEK success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- TO REMEMBER that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- WHENEVER a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- TO HOLD friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- ALWAYS to bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state and my community, and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor, and means.
- TO AID others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
- TO BE CAREFUL with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.