About Boys and Girls Club of SCV
Boys & Girls Club of Santa Clara Valley was originally
founded as a Boys Club by the Santa Paula Police De-
partment in 1949; it was not until 1968 that girls also
became members providing daily access to safe, super-
vised activities that foster children to become productive,
responsible and caring citizens. There are ten sites
serving the cities of Santa Paula, Fillmore, and the
the unincorporated area of Piru.
The Club concentrates on five areas of youth
development: character & leadership development;
educational & career development; health & life skills;
the arts; and sports, fitness, and recreation. The Clubs
activities primarily take place after school, during school
recesses, in the evening, and on weekends. Over 1,650
youth and community members utilize the Club.