About UF Health The Villages Hospital Auxiliary Foundation
In 2002, through the dedication and teamwork of people with an extraordinary commitment to local health care needs, UF Health The Villages Hospital (formerly known as The Villages Regional Hospital) opened its doors as a not-for-profit hospital serving Lake, Marion, and Sumter counties in central Florida. While this facility is physically located in The Villages, it is not owned by any private individual, the State of Florida, or the communities it serves. Non-profit assets are held in a manner similar to trust and are dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of residents in The Villages and surrounding communities.
Our 501(c)(3) Foundation was formed in April 2013 to join and support the Auxiliary volunteers (now nearly 1000 members) who provide comfort to patients and their families through direct contact, support services, and fundraising. We exist solely to support the hospital's mission and the programs and services it provides.
The Foundation has raised more than $4 million to directly benefit the hospital. We provided $1,000,000 for the latest hospital expansion completed in 2016 and our Patient Care Committee has provided approximately $500,000 for equipment enabling the hospital to provide excellent care for patients. We continue to supplement the hospital's financial resources required to maintain first-rate facilities, provide state-of-the-art technology, and fund programs and assistance for thousands of patients each year. We are fortunate to have the support of many partners including individuals and families, businesses, physicians, team members, administrative staff, board members, Auxiliary volunteer members, and our donors.
Your support and commitment will help UF Health The Villages Hospital meet the challenges of today and those of the future.