Georgia Department of Labor Local Veteran Employment Rep
401 Shirley Pl
Valdosta, GA 31605
Fundraisers We Support
- GA Chapter 25-5 Combat Arms Motorcycle Association.
Hours of Operation8:00am - 4:30pm Mon - Fri. Closed for State and Federal holidays.
• Work with unions, apprenticeship programs
• Plan and participate in job fairs to promote services to veterans.
), I'm blessed to serve veterans daily. My duties are to advocate for employment and training opportunities with business and industry, and community-based organizations. LVERAs the Local Veteran Employment Representative (and business community to promote employment and training opportunities for veterans.
• Employer outreach withfocus on Federal Contractors
• Promote credentialing and training opportunities for veterans with providers.
• Conducting job search assistance workshops for those transitioning out of military service as well as workshops for those that are distanced from their time of service.
• Creating job development and providing job referrals
• Providing Labor Market Information through various resources
• Providing referrals to training and supportive services through partnerships with academic, community organizations, and VA supportive services
(1) conduct outreach to employers in the area to assist veterans in gaining employment, including conducting seminars for employers and, in conjunction with employers, conducting job search workshops and establishing job search groups; and
(2) facilitate employment, training, and placement services furnished to veterans in a State under the applicable State employment service delivery systems.
Information on the Georgia Department of Labor and Veteran Services can be found on:
Employers and job seekers can set up and manage their accounts online at: