American Red Cross of South Georgia
509 N. Patterson Street,Ste. 201
Valdosta, GA 31601
Fundraisers We Support
- Hometown Heroes - the community has the opportunity to nominate every day ordinary citizens who have gone above and beyond to save a life, help those in need or make a dramatic positive change in their community. Hometown Heroes is held every March, which is Red Cross Month. This is a ticketed event and the board of directors assists in securing sponsors for the event.
Hours of OperationThe hours for the Valdosta Operations Office are Monday through Friday from 9a.m.- 5p.m.
The Red Cross of South Georgia teaches Disaster planning to area groups and organizations. These programs cover developing family disaster plans, assembling disaster supply kits and evacuation planning. We are prepared to provide immediate assistance to families affected by the disaster. After a damage assessment is completed, assistance may include vouchers for food, temporary housing and clothing. In addition to basic assistance, the Red Cross of South Georgia offers prescription cards to replace lost medicine or related necessities. Clients' needs are determined on a case-by-case basis.
Disaster Cycle Services: Each year around the country, American Red Cross Chapters respond immediately to more than 70,000 disasters, including house or apartment fires (the majority of disaster responses), hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, hazardous materials spills, transportation accidents, explosions, and other natural and man-made disasters.
Preparedness, Health, and Safety Services: The American Red Cross is committed to keeping people safe at home and at work. The Red Cross of South Georgia conducts trainings in CPR, First Aid, Automated External Defibrillator, Babysitting and HIV/AIDS prevention.Train classes are the first Thursday of every month. For more information contact Dineen Anderson 229-268-1412 or 229-322-0759.
- Emergency Relief Services, which meets individual and/or families' immediate disaster-caused needs. Services provided include temporary shelter, food, clothing, prescription medicines, and replacement of essential household items, health services, and mental health counseling.
- Community Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation, which provides free information and scheduled presentations to help the community prepare for disasters and minimize their potential effects.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED Training, providing individuals with the knowledge and skills to prevent and respond to emergencies.
- Services to Armed Forces, which provides emergency communication and access to financial assistance to local immediate family members of the U.S. Armed Forces personnel who are stationed or deployed elsewhere.
- Water Safety and Lifeguard Training, which offers water saftey instruction and lifeguard certification for young people seeking employment at area pools, lakes, and parks.
- International Services, which helps international families trace missing loved ones, send emergency messages, and get referrals for community services.
- Biomedical Services, which collects and processes more than 40% of the nation's blood supply and distributes it to more than 3,000 hospitals and healthcare centers.
All donations and funds raised are used for our Humanitarian Service Programs, which include: Disaster Relief, Home Fire Relief, and Service to Armed Forces. We are not government funded nor do we receive funds from National Red Cross.
To make a donation:
Payment by phone: Call the office at 229-242-7404
Mail: We are located at 509 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, GA 31601 on the second floor of the Regions Bank building.
In person: We would love to have you come by the office to see how we operate.