North Star Bank
4661 Highway 61
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Personal Banking
- Business Banking
Hours of OperationMonday
Drive-Up 7:00am-6:00pm, Lobby 9:00am-6:00pm
Drive-Up 7:00am-6:00pm, Lobby 9:00am-5:00pm
In an area that seemed far north of the St. Paul city proper, a group of local businessmen saw a need for banking services. The area was made up mostly of farm and prairie land plus land owned by the University of Minnesota. But these businessmen saw the potential for future growth. The first stockholders meeting of Falcon Heights State Bank was held on January 13, 1947. On February 3, 1947, Falcon Heights State Bank opened in a shopping center on the southeast corner of Snelling and Larpenteur Avenues.
By 1969, the bank had outgrown its facilities and began an ambitious expansion and relocation plan. Property was sought that could accommodate a financial institution with the most modern and up-to-date banking concepts – including electronic drive-up facilities. After two years of hard work, the bank moved into a new 15,000 square-foot facility at 1820 North Lexington Avenue in Roseville. The “Bank in the Round” was constructed to conserve and improve upon the beauty of the area and become the “Bank in the Park.” Along with the move came a new name – the North Star State Bank of Roseville.
In September of 1985, North Star State Bank again remodeled its facilities to meet the needs of a growing customer base. The bank was completed in July of 1986. On March 24, 1989, the bank opened its first branch office in a temporary facility in White Bear Lake.
On October 9, 1990, North Star State Bank of Roseville officially changed its name to North Star Bank. A beautiful new building was built to house the White Bear Lake office. It was opened August of 1991.
2004, North Star Bank is very fortunate, once again, to meet the needs of a growing customer base by remodeling the Roseville bank. The newly remodeled bank is a wonderful place to continue serving the community we’ve been a part of for more than 65 years.