About Abbott Paint & Carpet
Abbott Paint & Carpet was started in 1945 by its founder, Howard (Mike) Abbott Jr. He retired in 1990 but still works his same hours and maintains his same office. The day-to-day operations have been taken over by Mikes four sons; Kevin, Steve, Tim, and Dave. Each one of whom can be found (most days) on the sales floor.
The original store was located on Marshall Avenue in St. Paul, it was moved in 1971 to its present location at 1808 Grand Avenue in St. Paul. The second store was opened in August of 1991 in White Bear Lake, formerly called Engen's Paint, which was a fixture in White Bear Lake for 40 years. The White Bear store was moved to its present location at 2223 4th Street, in downtown White Bear Lake in 1995. Our third store was added in 1995 in Stillwater at 1672 Greeley Street, formerly called Home Decorating Center.