About FINANCIAL HORIZONS CREDIT UNION
Financial Horizons Credit Union was originally organized and chartered in 1947 as NAD Hawthorne Federal Credit Union. The primary field of membership was civil service employees, military personnel and concessionaires assigned or attached to the Naval Ammunition Depot at Hawthorne.
In 1976, we became a state chartered community credit union, Hawthorne Credit Union, serving residents of Mineral County. In 1999, the Board of Directors voted to expand our field of membership. To reflect a vision of one credit union serving multiple rural counties, the Board of Directors approved a name change for HCU, thus Financial Horizons Credit Union was born.