St. Mark's Episcopal Church
102 North 9th St.
Haines City, FL 33844
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Thrift Store
- Weekly Bible Study
- Healing Prayer Service
- Holy Baptism
- Holy Confirmation
Hours of OperationPARISH OFFICE HOURS:
Tues.-Thur., 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
8:00 AM Holy Eucharist Rite I
9:10 AM Sunday School (for all ages)
10:00 AM Holy Eucharist Rite II
St. Marks Episcopal Church is a house of prayer for all people. Known as The Little White Church On The Hill, the church was built by Mr. Samuel Chase Hodgman in 1892. Several decades later, as the oldest church in the city, our humble house of prayer was registered on the National Register of Historic Places in Haines City, Florida. In 2013, the Diocesan Bishop consecrated a new building to accommodate the growing congregation.
Why Join St. Marks Church?
Worship is the sincerest form of praise we can offer, and we give God thanks and praise for His love, goodness, and mercy each week. Our mission is for each person to have a place to gather in unity to embrace our diversity, and worship in a covenant community; to learn of Gods love and to share that with all people. Our vision is to be a beacon of light for people everywhere, praying as a united family, and spreading the Word of God.
A House of Prayer For All
Our church serves the needs of the Haines City community, and surrounding areas, with sacraments as understood by the Episcopal Church.
- Holy Baptism - for both children and adults, scheduled after several classes explaining the meaning of this sacrament
- Holy Confirmation - for both children and adults, scheduled after completion of a formal Christian education course
- The Holy Eucharist - as ordained by Jesus Christ
- Holy Matrimony - Weddings scheduled after premarital sessions with a Priest to help make your marriage a lifelong success
- Burial: Funerals scheduled with a Priest to assist the bereavement process and support the family members
- Holy Unction: The outward and visible sign of the inward and invisible working of the One who saves, heals and sanctifies.
My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations -Isaiah 56:7