Dougherty Glass Company
219 Cedric St.
Leesburg, GA 31763
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
In 1957 Wilfred “Bo” Ruopp opened a glass shop in Albany, GA., at 1106 Gillespie Avenue. He named his business Dougherty County Glass Co. He decided to retire in 1986 and sold his business to one of his suppliers, the Dothan Glass Co., located in Dothan, AL.
The business became a part of a regional glass company with branches in Dothan, AL., Pensacola and Ft. Walton Beach, FL. Jimmy Murphy, who has been active in the glass business in the Albany area since 1973, was hired to manage the store in 1993, and continues to this day. Two other veterans in the glass industry, Mike Whitley and Darren King, joined the team along with a cadre of dedicated employees to bring about outstanding growth of this business.
We are a full service glass shop with a major emphasis in commercial contract glazing while offering retail sales, auto glass replacement and repair, and residential glass service. Due to overcrowded conditions, we moved in June of 2009, to our new facility at 219 Cedric St. in Lee County. Dougherty Glass Co. is proud of its strong commitment to providing quality products with excellent service and the best in professional workmanship in all areas of our industry