P.O. Box 2863
Springfield, VA 22152
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Faifax County Board of Supervisors
- Springfield District
- Information Technology Policy Committee
Hours of OperationMonday - Friday
About UsPat Herrity
Fairfax County Supervisor, Springfield District
Pat Herrity was raised in the Springfield District. He attended St. Bernadetteís grade school in Springfield, graduated from West Springfield High School in 1978, and also graduated from Virginia Tech with a Bachelorís degree in accounting in 1982. Having grown up in the eastern part of the district and now raising his family in the western portion, Pat has a unique understanding of the Springfield District.
He is the son of former Fairfax Board of County Supervisors Chairman Jack Herrity. Pat grew up attending community meetings and county budget hearings; he was raised with regular discussion of issues concerning Fairfax County at home. He did not have to look far for a mentor on how to lead and give back to the community. Until Jackís death in 2006, Pat and his dad would discuss county issues several times a day, giving Pat a unique and deep understanding of our district and the issues we face.
Pat is currently the Chief Financial Officer of Arrowhead Global Solutions, Inc., a small local technology company. He has worked for a number of fast growing small to mid sized government contractors. He is also active as a youth sports coach and has coached soccer, basketball rugby and hockey. He helped found an inline hockey program serving Fairfax Countyís youth. Additionally, he has served in leadership positions of several civic associations.
Pat has always been active with transportation issues and is a strong believer in transportation enhancements that support our growing community. He was a leader in the push for the Techway, was a strong early advocate for telework/telecommuting programs, and has been an outspoken supporter of the beltway HOT lanes and their carpooling and mass-transit benefits. Pat was a co-drafter of the first Northern Virginia Transportation Compact, which was signed by most of the business organizations in Northern Virginia in 2000.
Pat Herrity coachingOver the past two years, Pat has helped lead a coalition of business organizations that reduced the unfair sales and use tax burden on Virginiaís government contractors. At the time the coalition was founded, Virginia was the only state that treated purchases by the federal government under service contracts as taxable. This unfair taxation resulted in a competitive disadvantage for Fairfax Countyís government contractors. Thanks in a large part to Patís contributions to the coalition, Fairfax Countyís federal government contractors are on a more level playing field.
Pat served Fairfax County on the Information Technology Policy Advisory Committee and the steering committee for the first annual Washington Area Conference on Telework. Pat regularly travels to Richmond to work with legislators on tax and transportation issues. He has extensive leadership experience with Northern Virginia communities, businesses, and politics. He has served on many committees, councils and boards including:
- The Northern Virginia Technology Council
- REGION, an association of Northern Virginia business organizations
- The Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce (as treasurer, as a member of the Executive Committee/Board of Directors, as a Founder and the first Chairman of Transportation Choice-- an effort to promote use of HOT lanes and mass transit, and as a Founder and the first Chairman of the Northern Virginia Government Contractors Council)
- Pat is also a current member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Pat has also been recognized for his leadership experience. He is known for being an innovator and a leader in the business groups with which he has been involved. As a result, Pat has received some of the highest awards of recognition that the groups offer, including:
- Northern Virginia Technology Councilís CFO of the Year Community Service Award
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerceís Chairmanís Award
- Northern Virginia Technology Councilís Presidentís Award
- SmartCEO magazineís Top Chief Financial Officer Award School in 1978