Hours of OperationBy Appointment Only
Colonel Jason F. Vattioni is the Vice Commander, 75th Air Base Wing, Hill Air Force Base, Utah. The wing provides installation support for the Ogden Air Logistics Complex, two fighter wings, and 50 other associate units, totaling more than 27,000 members consisting of active duty, civilian, and contractor personnel. The 75th Air Base Wing provides base operating support for the 1.1 million acre Utah Test and Training Range and enables worldwide Air Expeditionary Forces operations.
Colonel Vattioni entered the Air Force in August 1990 as a Nuclear Weapons Technician. He commissioned in 1998 after graduating Officer Training School. He is a fully-qualified aircraft, munitions, and missile maintenance officer and has held key leadership positions at wing, numbered air force, major command, Air Staff, and Joint Staff levels. Colonel Vattioni has led Airmen while deployed and in garrison providing logistics and maintenance support during Operations NORTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, UNIFIED PROTECTOR, and ODYSSEY DAWN. He commanded the 31st Munitions Squadron while the unit received the prestigious U.S. Air Force Maintenance Effectiveness Award. Colonel Vattioni also served on the Joint Staff where he co-authored a redesigned National Military Strategy and was the principal advisor to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the Chairman's Risk Assessment. Prior to his current position, the colonel served as Commander, 75th Mission Support Group, Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
1997 Airman Leadership School, John L. Levitow and Leadership Awards, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
1997 Associates of Munitions Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
1998 Bachelor of Music, Applied Music, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nev.
2000 Master of Business Administration, Aviation, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 USAF Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Officer School, Distinguished Graduate, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2007 Level I Acquisition Certification, Life Cycle Logistics, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2010 College of Naval Command and Staff, Mahan Scholar, Naval War College, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
2010 Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, Naval War College, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2016 Dwight D. Eisenhower School of National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University,
Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 Supply Chain Management Concentration, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2019 LOGTECH Advanced Program in Logistics and Technology, Kenan-Flagler Business School, Executive Development,
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. August 1990 - October 1990, Trainee, Air Force Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. October 1990 - January 1991, Student, Nuclear Weapons Specialist Course, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. January 1991 - March 1994, Nuclear Weapons Technician, 28th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
4. March 1994 - August 1998, Munitions Controller, 896th Munitions Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
5. August 1998 - November 1998, Officer Trainee, Air Force Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. November 1998 - September 2000, Assistant Officer in Charge, Missile Maintenance Teams and Officer in Charge, Periodic-Facility Maintenance Teams, 91st Maintenance Squadron and Executive Officer, 91st Logistics Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
7. October 2000 - October 2002, Munitions Accountable Systems Officer, 39th Maintenance Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
8. October 2002 - October 2003, Chief, Munitions and Aircraft Maintenance, Logistics Division, Headquarters Sixteenth Air Force, Aviano AB, Italy
9. October 2003 - October 2005, Assistant Maintenance Operations Officer, 31st Maintenance Squadron and Officer in Charge, 510th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 31st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
10. October 2005 - October 2007, Chief, Command Sustainment, Munitions Division, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
11. October 2007 - June 2009, Operations Officer, 5th Munitions Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
12. June 2009 - June 2010, Student, Naval War College, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
13. July 2010 - August 2012, Commander, 31st Munitions Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
14. September 2012 - March 2014, Global Precision Attack Branch Chief and Corporate Branch Chief, "Engine Room," Directorate of Programs, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. April 2014 - July 2015, Executive Officer to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Requirements, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
16. August 2015 - June 2016, Student, Dwight D. Eisenhower School of National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
17. July 2016 - July 2018, Political-Military Planner and Strategic Assessments Branch Chief, Deputy Directorate for Joint Strategic Planning, Joint Staff, J5, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
18. July 2018 - July 2019, Chief, Nuclear Weapons, Missiles, and Munitions Division, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
19. July 2019 - June 2020, Commander, 75th Mission Support Group, Hill AFB, Utah
20. June 2020 - present, Vice Commander, 75th Air Base Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
July 2016 - July 2018, Political-Military Planner and Strategic Assessments Branch Chief, Deputy Directorate for Joint Strategic Planning, Joint Staff, J5, Pentagon, Washington, D.C., as a lieutenant colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
U.S. Air Force Maintenance Effectiveness Award, Munitions-Missile Category, 2011, 31st Munitions Squadron
Airman of the Year, 1996, 377th Air Base Wing
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Feb. 21, 1991
Airman First Class April 21, 1992
Senior Airman Aug. 21, 1993
Staff Sergeant Aug. 10, 1998
Second Lieutenant Nov. 13, 1998
First Lieutenant Nov. 13, 2000
Captain Nov. 13, 2002
Major July 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 1, 2012
Colonel Feb. 1, 2019
(Current as of December 2020)