Sisters of the Most Precious Blood
204 N Main St
O'Fallon, MO 63366
- Partners in Mission
- Social Justice
- Village of St. Mary's
In 1878 a Normal School for Teachers was opened; this was the future St. Mary’s College of O’Fallon which continued until 1988. Other institutions likewise were begun and sponsored by the congregation. St. Elizabeth Academy began as a boarding school for girls in 1882. It continues to the present day, though now as a day school. In 1964 St. Mary’s Academy began in O’Fallon as a small private Catholic high school for girls; it continued there until 1990. In 1966 Linda Vista Montessori School was begun; today it is known as Linda Vista Catholic School and is a Montessori pre-school and grades one through eight. St. Elizabeth Adult Day Care Center opened in 1981 on the site of St. Elizabeth Academy. Since then six more sites have been opened. The latest sponsored institution is the Centers for Professional and Pastoral Services which was established in 1993 to carry forward the mission of the congregation by offering counseling and other human services.
In the 1980s and 1990s, in another effort to further its mission, the congregation moved to involve others more directly in its life and ministry. Advisory boards were established for its institutions and these eventually all became governing boards. The Sisters also began an associate program called “CPPS Partners in Mission” for both women and men. In celebrating its sesquicentennial in 1995 the congregation looked back gratefully over the 150 years of its existence. Now it looks forward to a future bright with the promise of continued collaboration with others called to join with the Sisters in bringing its mission of reconciliation to fulfillment.