5081 Queens Wood Drive
Burke, VA 22015
Phone: 703 338 6185
SPARC - Specially Adapted Resource Club
- To be the best club providing life-long learning opportunities for adults with life-long disAbilities.
- To build a positive team environment and focus on each club memberís unique Abilities.
- To support each club member as they continue to pursue their continued learning interests.
- To foster self-advocacy and respect the choices of each club member.
- To provide opportunities for club members to contribute to their community.
- To create a culture that values and utilizes diversity at all levels, provides equitable opportunity for continued learning, and develops the full potential of each club member.
- Any adult 22 years of age or older with a physical and/or developmental disAbility is eligible to participate.
- There are no financial requirements for eligibility in the club.
A Day with Us
Participants will self-direct their choices in the club. They may choose between the many accessible stations available, perform daily jobs in the club, or participate in the daily guided group activities. Each station will support club participantís individual goals of communication, literacy, life skills development, sensory integration, vocational skills development and active learning leisure interests.
- Stations Include:
- Computer Lab
- Gross Motor
- Small Animal Habitat
- Instructional Kitchen
- Media Center
- Sensory Integration
As an alternative to traditional vocational day programs, SPARC creates opportunities for club members to participate in community activities and club entrepreneurial projects.
Participants will learn to design and create a product, develop a business plan for production and sales working as a team in support of their club.
This broad business scope allows a dynamic vocational opportunity for all club members. Club members use their different abilities and remain stimulated in this active learning environment.