Mid-Illinois Senior Services
114 E. Jefferson
Sullivan, IL 61951
Visit our Website
- Senior Information Services
- SHIP (Senior Health Insurance Programs)
- Caregiver Advisory Services
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Medicare D Enrollment
- Thrifty Boutique thrift store
Hours of OperationMonday Through Friday
8:30am to 3:30pm
Mid-Illinois Senior Services, Inc. is a non-profit agency serving Senior Citizens & their families in Moultrie and Douglas Counties.
Our Senior Information Services program provides explanation of senior support services available to our clients & we provide up to date services and assess changes to services required based on the individual's needs.
Seniors can receive information and assistance on the following:
- Senior Empowerment
- Caregiver List
- Peace Meal Site & Home Delivery
- BEAM Application for reduced fee on license plate sticker
- Medicare/Medicaid counseling
- Medicare D Insurance Counseling
- Supplemental Insurance Counseling
- Elder Abuse
- Legal Aid
- Computer Lab
- Application assistance
- Certified Volunteer SHIP Site (Senior Health Insurance Program)
Caregiver Advisory Services are available to provide emotional and technical assistance to caregivers of seniors and Grandparents Raising Grandchildren.
The Caregiver Advisory Specialist is available to:
- Schedule Home Visits
- Identify Specific Needs
- Advise Caregivers of Service Options
- Follow-Up with the Emotional and Technical Support
- Plan Educational Training Sessions
- Back Pack for Task Force Program
- Support Groups
Our Community Center is open to all ages with activities such as:
- Recreational programs such as: Games, Bingo, Cards, Quilting, Wii Bowling, Bean Bag Toss, Pool Tourney, Exercise, adult coloring, & sewing club to name a few
- Evidence based programs such as Wits Fitness, sponsored by U of I Extension Office & Savvy Caregiver classes
- Informative programs
- Health Screenings: Blood Pressure & Flu Shots in the fall
- Volunteer Activities
- Coffee and Donuts every Tuesday morning
- Cooling & Heating Center
- Fan donations
FUNDING: Although there is no charge to clients for Senior Information Services, the cost of providing services is funded in part by the East Central Illinois Area Agency on Aging, Fundraisers, a community match of 15% which is required from the Federal Government to receive grant funding and donations are our other sources of income. We encourage and appreciate all donations by clients, churches, civic groups, businesses and private individuals.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: All referrals and client information are considered to be confidential. No information will be released without the informed, written consent of the individual being served. A copy of the agency confidentiality policies is available by contacting the central office at 217-728-8521.
DISCRIMINATION NOTICE: Mid-Illinois Senior Services, Inc. does not discriminate against any individual or group in determining eligibility for programs. Employment policies are in compliance with the IL Human Rights Act, the U.S. Civil Rights Act Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the U.S. and IL constitutions. Any discrimination complaints should be addressed to the IL Dept. on Aging at 1-800-252-8966.