Friends of the Surprise Libraries
City of Surprise
Surprise, AZ 85374
Hours of Operation9 am to 7 pm Monday through Thursday
9 am to 5 pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Open any day the Surprise Library is Open
The mission of Friends of the Surprise Libraries is to promote the presence of Libraries for the benefit of the community and to create public awareness by serving as an advocate for Libraries. We also support literacy and reading programs through our Grant Program.
We are a non-profit organization, supported by local citizens who volunteer their time to promote local Libraries, literacy and reading programs.
We raise funds through an ongoing sale of used books, annual memberships, sponsorships and cash donations. As a non-profit (501(c)(3)) organization all memberships and donations may be tax deductible by contributors.
- Sponsor various Library Programs for all age groups
- Sponsor Summer Reading Programs
- Sponsor, Coordinate and Judge an annual Bookmark Contest for students
- Sponsor, Coordinate and Approve the School Grant Program requests
- Purchase special items for the Public Libraries
- Manage and staff the Friends' Place used book store in the lobby of the Surprise Regional Library
- Manage the Collectors Display Case located inside the Surprise Regional Library
- Sale of collectible books
- Volunteer for activities within the community in support of literacy