Teller County Regional Animal Shelter
PO Box 904
308 Weaverville Rd
Divide, CO 80814
- Fostering Pets
- Dog training
- Lost and Found Pets
- Adoption Fairs
- Understanding cat behavior
- Trap Neuter and Release
- Community Outreach
Hours of OperationOpen 6 Days A Week JAN-MARCH /
7 Days a Week APR-DEC
Weekdays from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Sundays from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
(April through December only)
Each year, almost 800 dogs and cats in need – lost, abandoned, homeless, abused or neglected – find loving hands, warm beds and nourishing meals at the Teller County Regional Animal Shelter until they are reunited with their frantic owners or re-homed with people who will make sure they will have the lives they deserve.
The shelter, a limited admissions facility, gives every animal that enters its doors the time, medical treatment and love it needs to be ready for their next, happy phase. Some of the animals remain at TCRAS for several weeks until the right family is found; some require hundreds of dollars of treatment.
DID YOU KNOW?
* TCRAS is a non-profit organization serving the Pikes Peak Region.
* TCRAS receives NO State or Federal funding - the majority of the funding comes from donations and fundraising.
* Veterinary bills are the shelter's second largest expense.
* A TNR (trap/neuter/return) program has been developed for the feral cat colonies in our community.
* When someone adopts an animal, those fees only cover basic medial bills and care for the animal at the shelter. Very often, this is quite a bit lower than the actual amount of money that was spent on care for the animal.
For more information, please go to: http://tcrascolorado.org/